Claire Malet produces work is inspired by natural forms and landscapes. Fragments of sea-worn shells, the rock formations of a battered coastline, a curl of split bark, the dancing light and shadow of woodland all give inspiration.
I also draw inspiration directly from the characteristics of the medium. Working intuitively is key, allowing the metal to suggest a direction and find a relationship with the subject matter. I work in silver, copper, steel and ‘found metals’
Claire Malet is exhibited internationally, with gallery representation in UK, USA, Australia and Ireland.
I have pieces in several public collections, including the Victoria & Albert Museum and the National Museum Cardiff. Awards include Goldsmiths’ Fair Best New Design Award 2014.View Current Artworks
- 2018 – Homo Faber – Venice, Italy
- 2018 – West Branch Gallery, Vermont, USA
- 2013 – 2019 – Collect – Saatchi Gallery, London
- 2016 – Contemporary British Silversmiths, London
- 2016 – Open Eye Gallery, Edinburgh
- 2014 – 2015 – Goldsmiths’ Fair, London
- 2014 – Manchester Art Gallery
- 2013 – Cheongju, South Korea
- Sculpture – Metal-Cast
- Sculpture Metal-Fabricated
- Natural Forms
My work is inspired by natural forms and landscapes: fragments of sea-worn shells, the rock formations of a battered coastline, a curl of split bark, the dancing light and shadow of woodland.